Welcome to WebSure Version II
our services
childrens centre changes
meet the team
oral health
activity timetable
bookstart newborn
child safety
car safety
child health
help with fuel bills
getting involved
early education
citizen's advice
contact us
Click here for text menu
Early Education

Early Education


Is your child 2 years old now or in the next year?
If you are on certain benefits including working tax credit you could be eligible
Is your child 3 or 4 years old now or in the next year?
Every 3 year old can receive 15 hours free childcare
You can start claiming free childcare after your child turns 3. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is.

What is free early education and childcare?
All eligible two year olds are able to take a place the term after their birthday


The government will fund up to 570 hours of free childcare for each eligible child. This works out as 15 hours a week if your child takes up the childcare during term time, or you could choose to take fewer hours over more weeks in the year.

Is it really free?
Yes. The childcare setting claims the money from the council for these hours so you don't have to pay for them. In some childcare settings it is possible to combine the free hours with additional paid-for childcare to meet your working pattern or family commitments. You would need to pay for the additional hours.

Is my child eligible for a free place?
If your child is two you are eligible if you are claiming any one of the following:

•Income Support
•Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
•Income related Employment and Support Allowance
•Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
•The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
•Child Tax Credit with earnings from employment below £16,190
•Working Tax Credit with earnings from employment are below £16,190
•Disability Living Allowance (for the child not yourself).
Or if your child:

•is a looked after child
•has left care - a child who has left care through a child arrangement order (formerly known as special guardianship) or an adoption or residence order
•has special educational needs, and/or disabilities - but only if he/she has a current SEN statement or an Education, Health and Care plan or receives Disability Living Allowance.

For more information or support accessing early education please contact Family information service on 01274 437503

Home | Our Services | Childrens Centre Changes | Meet The Team | Oral Health | Activity Timetable | Bookstart Newborn | Child Safety | Car Safety | Child Health | Help With Fuel Bills | Homestart | Getting Involved | Early Education | Childcare | Citizen's Advice | Contact us |
Site © WebSure 2003-2018 login